Skip to main content

I am the eldest sister

“ The older I get the wiser am trying to be, though crazier I want to be “ #Anoofah




Since I was a little girl I've always kept telling myself that am truly blessed for not being the eldest sister specially seeing how my sisters used to take care of us and take some of family responsibilities.
But then when I started seeing my friends at school holding their younger sisters hands I wanted to have a baby sister too!
So my mind and heart were both torn apart between wanting to be the eldest and not to be , but years passed and I guess I attracted what I was mostly thinking about.


Chapter 1 (I am Scared )

Back around 2009\2010 when sister who was the eldest at that time got engaged I was kind of worried that I am next; its me who will take care of almost everything so yeah the next big boss

Worrying too much defiantly was not the solution maybe I should just get myself a little prepared for this new phase of my life

NOTE : am not irresponsible person , I used to have little responsibilities at home and school you know but they were not huge

So the day came and now ladies and gentlemen , I am officially the eldest sister

Chapter 2 ( where is EVERYTHING )

My sister was basically my dad’s personal assistant , my mom’s secretary and baby sitter sometimes a chef“ All in one “
Once she went to her honey moon everybody started asking me about everything , where is this? Where is that ? when is my appointment ? parents meeting at my baby sister school .
I was not going to call my sister and ruin her honeymoon but eventually I had to when things went out of control

Chapter 3 ( keeping up with everyone )

Here is a tip to all of you big sisters heheh! time is the main key to play your role right , make sure you have the time to talk to everyone at home , thats how you keep up with everyone and their lives.

It was not an easy task I must say but you know, you gotta do whatch ya gotta do !

Chapter 4 ( Secrets keeper )
Yes you read it right you are going to be everyone secret keeper don’t panic to what they tell you , as long as they have the courage to tell you their secrets then you can play it right and give them your point of view without scaring them out and make them hide it from you

Chapter 5 ( everything you say\do is counted  )

Here is one of the most toughest thing you ought to be “ the wisest creature of all time “ every word you say is truly heard , your opinion is valuable * though I do admit they just ignore what I say , which is fine $,$*
It does get really scary when you see your younger siblings copy your words

Chapter 6 ( the unknown  )

There are times when you have to look after everyone at home “ including your parents “
 It is really hard to let go of things you truly love because you are the “ Role model “ and every action you do would be repetitive, knowing that your parents always expect A LOT

You will face a time when the whole family blames you for some silly mistakes your younger siblings did , and you need to take  the full responsibility for that .

Chapter 7 ( after all enjoy the ride )

Here is one thing I know for sure , every human  being is \ will be adapted to every situation they face , it is how you deal with  and use it for your own good , I know that my love  for my family has grew and I do learn a lot from them hoping that they do from me too


It is the life I meant to live or I attracted , along the road there are ups and downs and it is my fully responsibility to choose my reaction and how to control my emotions , life is always full of surprises and lessons , I am grateful for I am now and for the person I will be



Love you

Anoofah 



Don't Forget to Connect with Me


FaceBook Nouf.Anoofah

                                                               Twitter @Anoofah 




Comments

Unknown said…
I like ur post .. and believe me u r a great eldest sister and a friend too ;)
☆ Anoofah said…
Bless your heart sis

Popular posts from this blog

I have met my friends

CLICK on COMMENT to leave me one  J Its almost 3:00 AM and am still awake wanting to write this post , and yeah while listening to Bruno Mars – Count on me , Thanks to Queen Besh for reminding me Okay I know the title of this post isn’t something new to you , you guys all meet your friends from time to another , I know I that my busy schedule took me away from my friends , we still do call , txt or even tweet each other , meeting friend  in real like not the social media thing is something which I call it joy raiser , believe it or not yesterday was one of the best days I have  had , the whole thing “ friends gathering “ was completely perfect , close friends , amazing weather , and of course delicious food , the laughter the talk  took me away from this craziness busy world to somewhere else .. and allow to call it heaven My friends whom I met are actually my classmates and my groupmates at school , we met maybe year ago but my goodness it seems that we

Inspiring Women

" We are there to empower each other not to compete :)  " Anoofah I know  that am writing about women who I have not met yet though i really wish that i will one day :)  these awesome women have inspired yet empowered me so want know who are they ? keep reading Oprah Winfrey  Who is not inspired by this great Woman ?! what I really like in fact adore about Oprah that she always believe that to move forward you have to give something back , and if you noticed Oprah doesn't always like to have the spot light on her only its always about lessons learned from her guests , the Oprah show was like a free class to me I've learned so much , and I came to know things about human nature , explanations for things we used to do yet we can't explain why is it happening . and one amazing lesson I've learned from Oprah " everything" is possible Hala Kazim  down to earth , beautiful heart , amazing smile , seeing her tweets inspires me , g

Share. Learn. Inspire featured guest Gale Minchew

as I have promised you My readers , Am back with another inspiring interview with My wonderful friend Gale Minchew , let me tell you this I have not met her in person yet " wishing that one day i will " but she is the type of person who makes you feel that you knew her since forever! .. to me Gale always writes a beautiful words that takes you away to different imaginary perfect world .. Am so delightful to have her as featured guest on my Blog :) Okay wont make this too long enjoy the interview please post your comments and questions  How would you describe yourself in three words? Gosh, three words to describe me…I guess I would have to say loving, motivational, and determined. Tell us the story behind becoming a writer . I didn’t originally set out to become an author.  Granted, I wrote several partial manuscripts earlier in my life, none of which I have an interest in completing now, but something changed in December 2008.  My husband gave me a Blackbe