Skip to main content

My Experience with NO Snapchat






kind of awkward  post I know but I thought it would be nice to share my experience with you guys living for almost two weeks without snapchat


How did it start 

I always felt like I have to reduce checking on snapchat , every morning I wake up am like ok where is my phone whats new on snapchat and that is totally unhealthy
So I felt I should stop using it for awhile , after reading Michelle Phan Book specially the social media or digital detox part am like hmmm now it is the right time to do it ,  the same day I finished reading the book I was like Okay this is it! lets delete this App and have little peaceful break


Addiction Symptoms 

sounds serious symptoms huh ? well the first couple of days I would wake up and look for the snapchat app and then am like Woopss I deleted it , then I switched my snapchat addiction to Instagram "Funny how things can go " . right away I figured this is aint going to work so I kept leaving my phone the whole day after coming back from work and keep on living normally  read more and play my sims more :P


keep it simple and real 

the big lesson that I learned from this short experience is that I totally forgot how to live my life simply in away I don't worry about filming recording or whatsoever , better be in the moment with my soul and heart is present at this current moment .


Thoughts 

I think the next time I will re-use the snapchat am going to have few rules there , keeping in mind protecting my privacy and my family privacy too




I truly want to thank all of my friends who texted asking and misses my presence of their snapchat timeline , you made me feel really loved and special


what about you my smart readers any plans to take digital break anytime soon  ? don't forget to share your thoughts


Love you

Anoofah 



Don't Forget to Connect with Me


FaceBook Nouf.Anoofah

Twitter @Anoofah

Comments

Unknown said…
Digital detox is required for healthy life balance. Good choice. 💜
Unknown said…
بصراحة قبل كنت جيه مدمنه الحين عادي يخطفن الايام ما اشوف السناب، يعني مب مخلتنه الاهتمام رقم واحد عادي اذا ما شفته الحمدلله، بشكل عام تجربة حلوة ، بس خلاصة الموضوع كله "اشتقنالج"❤❤❤❤
Unknown said…
I experienced this when i travelled to Tanzania, there was barely any signal and internet over there. Best part is that i enjoyed every moment capturing the beautiful country with my own eyes and memory and the saddest part is that i couldnt share wat I saw with my friends and followers! All and all, it was a nice experience but super challenging!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dreamer said…
Great decision Anoofah!
Sometimes I have the same feelings regarding social media. There are times when I feel myself very attached to my phone and my apps, and forget to get some peace from them! For sure we live in the digital age, and almost everything is conducted via smartphones, but that for certain doesn't mean getting addicted to them!

Your decision is good for your mental health, and I sometimes do the same, seperate myself from the virtual life a little bit!

May Allah bless you and brighten your way.

alsjani said…
The Best Apps and Games For Android ·petmon master apk

Popular posts from this blog

I have met my friends

CLICK on COMMENT to leave me one  J Its almost 3:00 AM and am still awake wanting to write this post , and yeah while listening to Bruno Mars – Count on me , Thanks to Queen Besh for reminding me Okay I know the title of this post isn’t something new to you , you guys all meet your friends from time to another , I know I that my busy schedule took me away from my friends , we still do call , txt or even tweet each other , meeting friend  in real like not the social media thing is something which I call it joy raiser , believe it or not yesterday was one of the best days I have  had , the whole thing “ friends gathering “ was completely perfect , close friends , amazing weather , and of course delicious food , the laughter the talk  took me away from this craziness busy world to somewhere else .. and allow to call it heaven My friends whom I met are actually my classmates and my groupmates at school , we met maybe year ago but my goodness it seems that we

Inspiring Women

" We are there to empower each other not to compete :)  " Anoofah I know  that am writing about women who I have not met yet though i really wish that i will one day :)  these awesome women have inspired yet empowered me so want know who are they ? keep reading Oprah Winfrey  Who is not inspired by this great Woman ?! what I really like in fact adore about Oprah that she always believe that to move forward you have to give something back , and if you noticed Oprah doesn't always like to have the spot light on her only its always about lessons learned from her guests , the Oprah show was like a free class to me I've learned so much , and I came to know things about human nature , explanations for things we used to do yet we can't explain why is it happening . and one amazing lesson I've learned from Oprah " everything" is possible Hala Kazim  down to earth , beautiful heart , amazing smile , seeing her tweets inspires me , g

Share. Learn. Inspire featured guest Gale Minchew

as I have promised you My readers , Am back with another inspiring interview with My wonderful friend Gale Minchew , let me tell you this I have not met her in person yet " wishing that one day i will " but she is the type of person who makes you feel that you knew her since forever! .. to me Gale always writes a beautiful words that takes you away to different imaginary perfect world .. Am so delightful to have her as featured guest on my Blog :) Okay wont make this too long enjoy the interview please post your comments and questions  How would you describe yourself in three words? Gosh, three words to describe me…I guess I would have to say loving, motivational, and determined. Tell us the story behind becoming a writer . I didn’t originally set out to become an author.  Granted, I wrote several partial manuscripts earlier in my life, none of which I have an interest in completing now, but something changed in December 2008.  My husband gave me a Blackbe